Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer Is Acting Crazy

• Please log in to reply

Tiffany Nicole

Tiffany Nicole

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
My computer is really acting crazy. Just trying to do simple things is really hard to do. When I turn on my computer it's like the computer has a mind of it's own.

I roll my cursor over links on my IE explorer and my cursor doesnt respond.
My cursor highlights things whenever I simply move it( mind you Im not trying to highlight anything at the time!)
When I scroll down on the scrollbars using my mouse,the page jumps back to where it was positioned. So I held down the down arrow so it would move back down and the page was goign up and down real fast.
Is this a virus ..why is my computer doing this? Is is my mouse? It's looks like it's performing tasks on it's own. How can I stop/ control this problem .Pleasssssse Help!!!

Advertisements

Plies

Plies

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hmm I've had this same problem before..
If its a wireless mouse make sure not much is blocking the view of the mouse to the reciever. If your mouse is like mine (Wireless + Optical) You may need new batteries, Reposition the mouse in a better position, or simply replace the mouse. :whistling:

Hope this helps!

Edited by Plies, 07 September 2006 - 11:57 AM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Check with the guys at malware...sure sounds like something of that nature.

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I would agree about it being your mouse, so to be sure. Use a wired mouse and see if the problem persits. Also yopu could try when it is acting crasy to turn the mouse on its back so the is no imput into the optical sensor and see if is still doing it. Aswell as just cleaning the optical lense located on the underside of your mouse. hopw that helps.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Not a fan of these new fangled gizmos...so I don't understand it completly.

...but if it is like a wi-fi link, could there be anything in the nature of another "input" device nearby that might be messing with the "radio" signal and thus the interpretation of that signal in either the mouse or the computer.

As an example, I have a small radio sitting on top of my main frame. If I point it in one direction, I can get certain stations and not others, etc.. My desktop phone gets that whining feedback in the speaker when it is too close to the main frame...that sort of stuff...interference...

...possible?

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Possible, that is a nother thing to think about.

Tiffany Nicole

Tiffany Nicole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the replies guys..well since then the problem ceased. I dont know why but it stopped. my mouse is a wired mouse but I think it was malware that was causign the problem. THank goodnes sit's gone now tho. =]

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
it could also be a virus my sisters lap top got infected with vundo at the time
made her curser go all over the page jumped around like a real mouse would and
this happen cause she opened a email and her norton was expired
it got so severe that her windows logo did nothing but loop around but before that happen she save her important data and ended up reformatting and install new virus program which caught vundo

this just info the only thing different is she did not have wireless mouse

but if its not your wire less think about being infected

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Had a mouse that would shimmey and shake all over the place...ended up being a RAM chip... :whistling: