Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turn off and died.... Windows Xp RIP?

• Please log in to reply

omarr

omarr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, for some reason my computer got in stand by/hibernate mode, my dad dont know much about computers so he decide to turn off using the power botton while my windows xp sp2 was on stand by mode, now my computer is dead, when i turn it on my monitor ( xerox flat screen) says no signal , i cant make it come back from stand by/hibernate mode, my friend told me if i turn it off on this modes then my windows wont recognice the monitor, keyboard (usb) and mouse (usb), so he is telling me that my pc died :whistling: ? please i need help !!!!

* when i turn it on the red ligh is always on, reset button dont work.
* Monitor dont recive signal.
* If i disconect the power cable, when i conect it back it turn on itself without clicking power boton.
* Only way to turn it off is holding the power Boton.
* i doubt the mouse/keyboard are recognized by windows.

i beg for :blink: !!!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

omarr

omarr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
b.u.m.p

I really need help pretty plz

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi, ok this is what i would like you to tell/do for me.

1. Unplug everything
2. Plug-in only the bare bones, monitor, tower's power, and keyboard.
3. If the system boots up what does the screen show? No-Signel, Blank Screen, POST Screen.
4. When the system first starts up is the any 'beep' from inside the case (the case speaker) it should 'beep' once.

Please try these and let me know how it go's.

the is a chance with the reset button not working that the is hardware problem with your motherboard. But don't worry to much proberly somthing small.

Edited by Haz, 09 September 2006 - 03:17 PM.