Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

" What is the best and safest duplicate file program " ?

• Please log in to reply

rgarr

rgarr

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I know how most of you feel about duplicate file finders...they are really not safe and it is best to just leave duplicate files alone...I somewhat agree, however, I would really like to try a really good and safe duplicate file finder that is " relative safe " in your opinion. I was thinking of a color coded program perhaps that maybe had ' green ' or some other color as SAFE to delete. Thank you all in advance for your help with this! :whistling:

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I'd listen to those who have told you not to delete duplicate files. WHY?

When software installs, it does so according to a set plan established by the the software designers and their programmers. Like a squad of paratroopers the program dumps its cargo on the hard drive and all of its contents spill out to assume certain purposes.

The *.exe files depend upon certain files being in certain places in order for it to feel secure and happy-happy! It gets the instruction to load and later access its "helper" files in specific locations for later use.

Sometimes those helpers are needed in the install folder, in the Windows Folder, or in the System32 Folder, etc.. for different "calls" that different functions of the same program put out. Lose one file and the whole prog stops, even though there are a couple others to be used...if it not in the right place, Windows can't see it, and therefore cannot support the software's moving on further. How many times have you tried to load a prog and it stops dead because it cannof find something...all must follow a sequence...

Do, not delete any "extra" dills unless you have checked every one for dependencis, and then always keep a spare in a safe C:\CACHE folder somewhere...just in case you get an erro message.

Kertison

Kertison

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Duplicate Files Deleter helps to find and delete duplicate files over home and corporate network.A list of find duplicate files can be sorted, exported, and acted upon. A search session including results can be saved. Duplicate files can be remove, moved, or copied. Deleting duplicates will help to speed up indexing and reduces back up time and size. Your computer isn’t fully optimized until you’ve removed all unnecessary clone files. Let Clone Remover find and remove the duplicates! Regain valuable disk space and improve data quality.

I hope this will help too!

kamilader

kamilader

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have also used duplicate files finder that finds duplicate files and it's very user friendly. It can detect file format. You can delete the whole files at one click or can delete desired one.