Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer is sick but not sure what it needs

• Please log in to reply

Malan

Malan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello to make a really long story short after 7 months of sending my computer back and forth to the people I bought it from. I have it back but it is not really back as it now maxes out the cpu usage all the time, hangs up, freezes and just does not run right at all. I am running a pent 4 2.40 mhz and 2 gig of memory with 60 gigs in my c drive and 20 gigs in my d drive for virtual memory at least that is what they said they did. They told me that it would make my computer run faster. My computer has just not been the same since they touched it at all. I really need help the simplest task can take 100% cpu usage for 3-10 minutes like trying to open word perfect.

Well you have the picture I have used Norton I have used AVG I have used spybots I have defragged twice I really need help I have just ran avg and spybot yet again this is like a 2 or 3 time a week besides the normal scans and this is what shows up on the panda active scan.

I thank you in advance for reading this and for any and all suggestions and help.

I love gaming with my computer and those of you that game know how aweful it is to freeze completely while in combat.

spybot finds nothing
avg finds nothing this is the report from Panda

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.2o7.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Seeq Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.www48.seeq.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Xiti Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.xiti.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/web-stat Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.www.web-stat.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/DomainSponsor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.landing.domainsponsor.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Linksynergy Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.linksynergy.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Seeq Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.seeq.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Overture Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.perf.overture.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/S153994]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/S153993]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/S151981]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/S151529]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/S122915]
Spyware:Cookie/Linksynergy Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.linksynergy.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Searchportal Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.searchportal.information.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Target Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.target.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Overture Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.overture.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.server.iad.liveperson.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Apmebf Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.apmebf.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Bfast Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.bfast.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Bluestreak Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.bluestreak.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Coremetrics Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.data.coremetrics.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Com.com Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.com.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.belnk.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Hitbox Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.ehg-eline.hitbox.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/dcscy9zt0oifwznrot6ku4g87_9g8t]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/dcs2omr9fpifwznrgv67zf9ub_7p8i]
Spyware:Cookie/CentrPort Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.centrport.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/GoClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.c.goclick.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Go Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.go.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Hitbox Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.hitbox.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/FastClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.fastclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Hitbox Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.ehg-dig.hitbox.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.247realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.ad.yieldmanager.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\k8b290t6.default\cookies.txt[.server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/34292599]
Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@2o7[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Bluestreak Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@bluestreak[1].txt
Adware:Adware/FlashTrack Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G8RAB34E\channels_02[1].gif
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/PRScheduler Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Start Menu\Programs\PowerReg Scheduler.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Zango Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npclntax.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPMyWebS.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3CJPEG.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3HISTSW.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3HTMLMU.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3HTTPCT.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/FunWeb Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3POPSWT.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3PSSAVR.SCR
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/FunWeb Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3REPROX.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3RESTUB.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3SCHMON.EXE
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/FunWeb Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3SCRCTR.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3WPHOOK.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3IDLE.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3OUTLCN.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SKIN.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEPLG.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOESTB.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\NPMYWEBS.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Game\CHECKERS.F3S
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Game\CHESS.F3S
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Game\REVERSI.F3S
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/FunWeb Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.15.inf
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\f3PSSavr.scr

Advertisements

Plies

Plies

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
If you have Norton Internet Security 2006.. Get Rid Of It!
It's a huge resource hot, and in my personal opion not worth the money. Other than that I am not sure what could be causing this for you. You seem to have good Specs.

Edited by Plies, 07 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you got some serious infection one is mywebsearch

hope your not running 2 antivirus programs they get in conflict with each other you should be in the malware forum at the top of the forum page where it says ..... start here..... click on that

follow instructions and go to the malware forum and wait there post your hijack log there and dont post or disturb your posting 2 or 3 days wait is normal

they will clean you up real good

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
yup. malware guys will clean you up good.

As for virtual memory...unless your c: and d: volumes are 2 different physical hard disks, might as well just set your virtual memory to your c: drive[system set]. if they ARE different disks, set a pagefile on each[again, system set]--you'd really notice the improvement then.

hope this helps! :whistling: