Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reverse Functions on Keyboard/Mouse!

• Please log in to reply

mhventure

mhventure

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[font=Verdana]
Dear Geek Members!

Hello! After extended research on my problem, I am apparentely the only one in the Universe that this has happend to (but deep down inside I can't see that as true) By the way, I have Microsoft Windows XP. However this also happened when I had Windows 98.

I have encountered an unusual problem with no logical explanation. Sometimes I will have an internet site oepn and a document, and I will go to press a funtion such as to highlight, capitalize, just about anything, and my finder will tcouch a key by mistake (seems to be a left handed key most of the time) and all of a sudden everything I enter is reversed. For example: A letter I want capitalized will be lowercase, if I press the CAPS LOCK key everything will be in lowercase. If I go to highlight a sentence, it will hightlight EVERYTHING else BUT that sentense. I suddenly cannot scroll up or down with my trackball or arrows. If I click on SAVE and close the page I am on, the exact duplicate shows up behind it. OPPOSITE BEING THE KEY WORD! The only way I can break this cycle is to actually turn off my computer and restart it. Any ideas? Is there some shortcut key combination on my keyboard or mouse I am pressing! It drives me crazy!

Hope someone can help! :whistling:
Mhventure

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Go to Control Panel / Regional and Language Settings / Languages / [select setting]

Put this setting to English(United States).

You have inadvertently set it to some other language probably.

Also, when you do this, hit the ctrl and z key and see if it is switched back. You have to do this as soon as it happens because the ctrl-z key combo reverses the most recent action performed.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 07 September 2006 - 04:54 PM.

DisplayOnly

DisplayOnly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

oh gosh! Im so glad to see you had the SAME EXACT problem I just had - keyboard - mouse - everything - exactly. The one above answer did not help me, but I eventually got my [bleep] working.

Here's how I troubleshot it. And I'm on windows 7 if it matters to you NERDS! (I see the main post was talking about an older windows)

I began by replacing my keyboard with a little dinky spare keyboard I had, and that did not fix the problem........ initially.

But after a few minutes (painful, frustrating minutes) all problems vanished, and I was thrilled! So I plugged my main keyboard back in and all problems returned!

So I plugged the dinky keyboard back in, and once again, after a few minutes all problems vanished.

I tested the above scenario many times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. And sure as [bleep], something about my main keyboard is screwing with my computer.