Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows not loading

• Please log in to reply

Ca$ino

Ca$ino

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
my nephews laptop seems to have taken a dump. when its turned on it immediately goes to select how you want to start (safe mode, safe mode w/nw, etc). it tries to load and then goes back to this same screen. i think the easiest way to fix this is just to restore it with the disk but how can i get it to restore if it cant get to windows. its was already set as cd drive as first boot device and it wont do anyhting. im guessing the disk isnt bootable. normally this one is started from within windows when you want to restore. i was trying to figure something out over the phone with my sister but couldnt think of anything. ill have the laptop with me tomorrow so im starting this topic earlier since i doubt i will figure something out.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you try taking battery out and hold power button for minute then try powering up

Ca$ino

Ca$ino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i was gonna tell her to take it out but i didnt. i figured i would do when i get the laptop in my hands tomorrow

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try it out it might work or it wont but you should get xp cd so you can do boot ups or repairs