Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NO Sound!

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
hello,
Something very bizare just happend with my computer speakers. I just installed a Text to Speech software on my computer, and as I was using the software one of my two speakers completely cut out and the second speaker lost about 80% of its volume. I tried unplugging/power serging my speakers but when i plugged them back in they didn't work at all. I then tried to plug my speakers into a different speaker jack (i have two on my computer) and it still didn't work. I dont have a second set of speakers to try out, so instead i used my headphones to see if they'de work, and they dont work either. Every once in a while i'm able to get one speaker working at 20% but that happens randomly with use of different programs.
What's the problem here? Im worried that the issue isn't my speakers but internal. Did i blow my sound card or something? Any suggestions?
:whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, sounds and speech, sounds and audio

Check system volume, speaker volume and speaker type

Click audio and voice tab settings

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
speaker type: Realtek AC97 Audio
system volume, speaker volume: Max

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
it seems that i can only get the Left speaker to work

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Re-install the soundcard software if you have it, usually on the motherboard CD for onboard sound

Check speaker type

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I'm not too sure how to check my speaker type. As for reinsalling the Sound Card, i cant seem to find my computer cd so i'm downloading the Realtek AC97 Audio software right now, hopeing that will work.
Do you seem to think that this is a fixable problem, or is it more likely that something is broken? It seems odd that my sound cut out so suddenly.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On the first tab, at the bottom, click advanced to set the speaker type to what you have, click apply