Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HardDisk's problem...T_T

• Please log in to reply

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My (old) harddisk simply couldn't work.....=-=/
It couldn't even be regonized as a disk nor as a drive when I try to connect it as an externally driver (I tried it on 2 computers already).....T_T

Is there anyway that I can rescue my data from it? T_T

(Wanna Cry..TT_TT)

Thanks =w=

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I think you have to have the drive set to Slave before it will work externally. This is accomplished by changing a jumper on the back of the hard drive. There is usually a sticker on the top of the HD, or inscriptions by the jumpers, to help you determine what is Slave.

If you need further help with setting the jumpers, let me know the brand of Hard drive it is. Or if it doesn't work, let me know.

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It appers to have 0 bytes when I tried to connect it as a slave T_T

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
That's not good. If you got another computer available, try it on there and see what it says.

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your suggestions.

I finally got access to an other computer but the result is........T_T

It couldn't be recognized as a hard disk, or I should say the computer just slowed down and the couldnot access to the newly connected hard disk until I unplugged it and the drive's name suddenly appeared in "My Computer" and disappear again...........T_T

it there anyway that I could save my data? :whistling:

Thanks a lot.