Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure of infection there are so many.... [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hmerritt

hmerritt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello- I was able to delete that file no problem and the scan didn't take long at all thank goodness!!

Here are the results of the virustotal scan:

STATUS: FINISHEDComplete scanning result of "jsdvwsdk.dll", received in VirusTotal at 09.13.2006, 13:29:48 (CET).

Antivirus Version Update Result
AntiVir 7.1.1.16 09.13.2006 no virus found
Authentium 4.93.8 09.13.2006 no virus found
Avast 4.7.844.0 09.11.2006 no virus found
AVG 386 09.12.2006 no virus found
BitDefender 7.2 09.13.2006 no virus found
CAT-QuickHeal 8.00 09.12.2006 no virus found
ClamAV devel-20060426 09.13.2006 no virus found
DrWeb 4.33 09.13.2006 no virus found
eTrust-InoculateIT 23.72.123 09.13.2006 no virus found
eTrust-Vet 30.3.3073 09.12.2006 no virus found
Ewido 4.0 09.13.2006 no virus found
Fortinet 2.77.0.0 09.13.2006 suspicious
F-Prot 3.16f 09.13.2006 no virus found
F-Prot4 4.2.1.29 09.13.2006 no virus found
Ikarus 0.2.65.0 09.12.2006 no virus found
Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 09.13.2006 no virus found
McAfee 4850 09.12.2006 no virus found
Microsoft 1.1560 09.13.2006 no virus found
NOD32v2 1.1754 09.13.2006 no virus found
Norman 5.90.23 09.13.2006 no virus found
Panda 9.0.0.4 09.12.2006 no virus found
Sophos 4.09.0 09.13.2006 no virus found
Symantec 8.0 09.13.2006 no virus found
TheHacker 5.9.8.210 09.13.2006 no virus found
UNA 1.83 09.11.2006 no virus found
VBA32 3.11.1 09.12.2006 no virus found
VirusBuster 4.3.7:9 09.12.2006 no virus found

Aditional Information
File size: 881152 bytes
MD5: 103ff320c3232601b62c6f6d4e567e36
SHA1: 780244d265bbf171497c54dc6f776396a1579732
packers: Aspack

VirusTotal is a free service

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Updating Java and Clearing Cache
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Software icon > Add/Remove Programs.
  • Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2RE Runtime Environment.... )
    It should have next icon next to it: Posted Image
    Select it and click Remove.
  • After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
  • Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Delete Files button.
  • There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave ALL 3 CheckedDownloaded Applets
    Downloaded Applications
    Other Files
  • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
    Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
  • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
----

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

----

How is the system running at the moment?? :whistling:

hmerritt

hmerritt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Duplicate Post...

Edited by hmerritt, 13 September 2006 - 06:50 PM.

hmerritt

hmerritt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello! I was just about to start the suggestions from your last post but thought I would drop you a line about my system. It still seems a bit sluggish but I'm not sure if that's because of all this new SW running. I did have a popup today as well as a notification of a virus from AVG? which I thought was odd. I tried to download the Windows XP SP2 pack but the install froze before it could finish and thank goodness I uninstalled it before rebooting or that would be a whole other issue now. lol~ I just ordered the CD from windows directly. I may just switch over to firefox until then. Any suggestions on the AVG detection?

Also- I show two Java's in my Control Panel, one has the coffee cup, one doesn't. Here's what they say:

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 3 (coffee cup)
Java 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition v.1.3.1_02 (no coffee cup - a computer and disk icon)

Do I just delete the one or both?

Thanks SO much!
Heather

Edited by hmerritt, 13 September 2006 - 06:56 PM.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Yes uninstall both.

Make sure you run ATF-Cleaner. :whistling:

Did the AVG detection say any info about what it detected? Could be number of things..

Might be that system restore again... Or temp files which will go with ATF-Cleaner... Or maybe it was just an warning about a virus it stopped from coming to your PC...

Lets see how it works out. Run ATF-Cleaner and install that latest java, then I'll throw some other suggestions for speeding up the computer..

hmerritt

hmerritt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yahoo!! I just finished cleaning it and uninstalling and re-installing Java and freed about a gazillion megabytes!! lol~ Am I free?

Heather

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
*Rawe thinks we are done :whistling:

Let me know if you still come up with problems... I'll throw some other suggestions for speeding up the PC if necessary, reply if you need 'em??

You can also get rid of the apps we've used in the cleaning.. Though I recommend keeping ATF-Cleaner for temp files from time to time. :blink:

First priority: Install Service Pack 2 by visiting Microsoft Update. After you have installed it, reboot, download & install ALL the available critical updates. Then some more preventive maintenance:

Please read here how to clear old restore points and create a new one.

Stand Up and Be Counted ---> Malware Complaints <--- where you can make difference!

The site offers people who have been (or are) victims of malware the opportunity to document their story and, in that way, launch a complaint against the malware and the makers of the malware.

Here's some tips for future to prevent spyware;

Detect and Remove Programs:
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
Prevention Programs:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed. (My favourite)
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
Other necessary Programs:
  • AntiVirus Program <= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kaspersky, this is a must have. (Note to only use 1 at-the-time)
  • Firewall <= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Kerio Personal Firewall and ZoneLabs. (Note to only use 1 at-the-time)
  • More Secure Browser <= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox.
And also see TonyKlein's good advice;
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.