Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i'm fixing a computer the origional problem i found out through trial and error that the cpu zif connector was bad indicated by an orange flashing led (no cpu) so i buy a new processor and motherboard and the new board and processor doesn't work eather but i get a different error the cpu fan comes on for about 1 second it doesnt count memory or give me a beep error the front power led stay on and thats about it so i try everything even installing the new processor into the old board (orange led flashes) and the old processor into the new board (same error) multiple power supplies no ram different ram i cant get a post beep code

both boards and processors are 100% compatiable with each other and are both intel processors on intel boards

no question really just thaught my post might anser a fiew questions or incase i'm wrong and someone had the same problem and can post how to fix it

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would check to make sure that no part of the motherboard is touching metal. Try taking it out of the case and laying it on bubble wrap and testing to see if the motherboard will fire up that way.

Edited by Fenor, 08 September 2006 - 04:03 PM.