Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i make my own xp theme?

• Please log in to reply

shishomiru04

shishomiru04

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
well after a while you get tired of the same ol "blue" startup screen and the blue start button, blue EVERYTHING!, now i am aware there are xp themes out there...but i have no clue where to put them to make them work AND i am interested in making my own since i am a photoshop user...can someone tell me where are the image files i need to edit?...or are they not in image format?...is there a tutorial? and if i happen to aquire a theme that i like, in what folder should i be putting it in?....i hope this is not too confusing.

thank you,

d.c.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if you want to explore some desk tops heres a nice site i used

http://kenja.com/

who knows maybe they can start you off in making yours

i used a theme with wolves it was call kindred spirit but i came accross the busy wolf icon and the background image picture from different websites guess kenja borrowed other pictures so you also have to make sure that if you do choose to select back grounds from someones web page just make that they say its ok or get there permission on the other hand you choose your own image background the you either copyright it or leave email so who ever wants to develop there own theme that they ask for your permission and when you do create your own come back here and let us know i would like to see it

good luck

i had photoshop one time

Edited by rushin1nd, 08 September 2006 - 03:57 PM.