Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

log off problem

• Please log in to reply

sisco

sisco

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having a problem when I log off It keeps poping up the end program window that says archival agent.now you can choose to end now and it does ,but just wondering why it keeps doing this.Also when I log on there is a black page that opens really fast then goes away.I have never been able to read it fast enough so not sure what it says,But I do know it does have the word windows with the / .To me it looks like the page itself is just all black.I have never had anyproblems with this computer untill I upgraded my Mcfee to the most recent :whistling: then It ran so slow I couldn't even get around on the net.So had to go in and shut some things off so I could use it.. :blink: ..I am running windows XP and IE.hopefully sombody will understand what I am saying :help:

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Is this "archival agent" part of any program...like McAfee? It may be a normal function of McAfee, so you'll have to just live with it. If it is, go into its setup function and see if you can tick it off.

Any difference in shut down mode? I suppose that I am biased, but any program that does many things poorly, rather than one thing well, is not worth the headaches. Therefore, I suggest one good anti-viral prog, one good malware prog, one good etc.... Using one prog that tries to do many functions seems to use up tons of resources. ..the big named software progs often fall victim to heavy resource usage.

Suggest: AVG + Spybot S&D + Spyware Balster + Windows Defender + your choice...

On reboot, if you see the black DOS page, hit the PAUSE key, above the Page Up key...that should freeze it to read...then hit enter to proceed.

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
try this if you still have problems post a HJT log on the malware removal forum

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Edited by elmundo, 09 September 2006 - 02:22 PM.

sisco

sisco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the info Elmundo..not sure if it part of Mcfee or not.I have never seen that in anything of the mcfee stuff..I got a differant end program last night that said something about windows parking.....not sure what that is all about..Any way I will try looking around and see what I can find in the programs

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Ok good luck