Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop keyboard problems

• Please log in to reply

Pato

Pato

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, Geekstogo :whistling:
Hope you can help me with this. I spilled some water on the arrow keys of my Dell today. Nothing serious, I thought. I pulled out the keys,made sure everything was dry (just a few drops) and I went back to work. Problem is, after a while I noticed the arrow keys were not responding. At times, only the up and down ones did but they both made me scroll rapidly down the webpages at once, instead of little by little. I tried to start my laptop again but when I opened the Start menu the titles lighted up one after the other and it was a pain to make my selection. Finally, I restarted the machine but everything is the same. All this was a few hours ago and now I see the following:
1- the arrow key going to the right DOES work fine
2- the rest dont for most of the time, and I dont want to press them many times or they start taking me all the way down to the bottom of the page.
3- the Delete key at the top of the keyboard acts funny now:if I press it, it blinks rapidly and starts going backwards on the line Im trying to delete and it only stops when I hit Enter. This is strange because the only keys affected by the water were the arrow keys
4- the End key does not respond either...at all

I run the sotware suggested in the START HERE section (except the ones that require me to go to safe mode, since I cannot use my arrow keys to make selections) and nothing seems to show up in the scans but a few cookies that I deleted promptly.
So, I wonder, was it the water? could have been that bad? something else?

Desperately depending on you,
Pato

Advertisements