Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transferring files from one pc to another

• Please log in to reply

catt

catt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone!

fleamailman: I haven't figured out the size of the file-maybe it's not difficult, but I 'm just too tired. Might try later. I like the idea of a flash key for storage, thanks to you for your excellent info about it-I didn't know it would store photos; actually hardly knew a thing about it.

Psuedopath: I didn't try anthing else on my pcs re: transferring files-too frustrated right now, but might try later. You are so patient!

SR, you certainly are not "barging in"-I need all the help I can get. I went to an electronics store, and they sold me a flash key at an inflated price, even with the "discount" at the store and the mail-in!

They didn't even know the difference between a flash key for loading files and an SD, which was what I really wanted. :blink: I told them very plainly that I wanted an SD for transferring photos from one computer to another. Well, it goes back tomorrow. :whistling: I hope to get an SD at a reasonable price. If not, I'll try the options you listed, SR. I need one that will fit my Nikon D70s.

Thanks again, everyone-you were very helpful :help:

--catt

Edited by catt, 13 September 2006 - 08:26 PM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
catt, I hate leaving someone with unfigured stuff, so here it is put simple because you will need to know if there is enough space left in the key or flash for your photos to fit, and it is always the same process here:

Put all the photos alone into any folder( for example choose the 'my pictures' folder, close the folder, with the mouse righthandclick the folder, the 'my pictures properties folder' appears, look at the size of the data(third line down is size in mb) and make a mental note of it.
Now do exactly the same thing with the key or flash card which will show a round cycle divided pink free space and blue used space, so at a glace you will know if you have enough space in the key to fit the photos from the folder in.

Edited by fleamailman, 14 September 2006 - 02:22 AM.

catt

catt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks fleamailman! :whistling: It works.
catt