Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.pfc files, how do you open them

• Please log in to reply

higby88

higby88

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I bought a new computer and changed ISP's. I have all my favorites saved to a floppy from aol but need to get them, even to print them out, so that I can input them into IE. It is a PFC file which windows does not recognize. Isn't AOL great. Hope someone can help.

Advertisements

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Removed comments.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
I know of one service and one program that will do what you want. Neither are free, sorry to say.

Conversion service

Conversion software

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
America Online (AOL) offers users the option to store incoming/read and sent E-mail in the AOL Personal Filing Cabinet (.PFC). Generally, this file is only viewable using AOL software. There are commercial sites that will, for a fee, convert the material to Outlook (and other) formats.

PFCEx is a free program that will extract URLs from PFC files and write them to an HTML file which can then be viewed or edited with a text editor for import into other formats.

http://www.sofotex.c...ews/r28556.html

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP

PFCEx is a free program that will extract URLs from PFC files and write them to an HTML file which can then be viewed or edited with a text editor for import into other formats.

http://www.sofotex.c...ews/r28556.html

That sounds good. Better than shareware or paid. Once it is converted to html you could right lick and "Save as Bookmark.." or add to favorites.