Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clean deletion

• Please log in to reply

winalise

winalise

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
My computer is running out of space and I wanna uninstall programs that no longer has the with cd with me.
Programs like oracle can't be deleted juz so easily. Is there a way to delete them and not effect the computer?

And for other uninstalling, I know there are spare bits here and there even though it's removed from the program files itself. Is there a safe way to totally clear it?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.ccleaner.com/

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

those are very good cleaners but make sure you read and understand the homepage of each cleaner

with ccleaner you uninstall just click on its tools

with cleanup make sure your compatible with its programing

winalise

winalise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
thanks!!

I've tried but I still can't remove oracle.
It's a program that I can't find it in the add/delete section but it's stuck in my C:/ and I can't directly delete it cos I think it's linked to the system?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

try using that if it doesnt work then rename oracle then try unlocker

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Where are you at with this problem?

Unsolved?

If it was my system, I'd ask one simple question...

Was it part of the intial XP setup...nope! Then un-install it.... But, how you ask?

If there are no other ways to un-install it the obvious way, then if it was may system I would...

[a] [Unfortunately, I do not know of a freebe to do this. I use "Registry First Aid" for all of my registry needs ...especially in this sort of situation. There are others.]

...[b]SAVE AN EXPORTED COPY OF HE REGISTRY TO YOUR BACK UP FOLDER... I use c:\REG-BACKUPS and I title each, like "Uninstalled Oracle" If everything goes belly up later, just return here to restore the registry.

1. open regedit
2. find the word "oracle" and delete every reference.
3. return to Explorer
4. go to the folder in which Oracle was installed
5. delete all of its contents
6. use Unlocker, as suggested previously
7. run sfc_/scannow to ensure a safe reboot later

Hold your breath, insert diskette 1 from the XP set of boot disks...just in case...

Reboot and see if anything changed.