Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Updates won't install!

• Please log in to reply

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
This is probably not critical, but I'm curious to see if we can find the USB device that is giving us that problem

Unplug 1 USB device from your computer. USB devices are "hot-swapable", so you do not have to turn your computer off or restart it to unplug/plug a USB device. Now on that screen, where you see the exclamation mark, press F5 on your keyboard. This refreshes Device Manager. You can also Right-click and select Scan for new hardware, if you want to make sure it refreshed correctly.

If that USB device with the exclamation mark disappears, then you found the device that you need to reinstall the software/drivers for. If it does not disappear, then you can plug it back in, and try another USB device.

If after trying all your USB devices, if none of them make it disappear, then I think it's safe to say we can ignore this "problem". If you ever notice a USB device not working, then you can come back here and let us know the situation. But it will probably just require its drivers to be reinstalled.

Let me know if you discover a USB device that belongs to that problem in Device Manager.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 12 September 2006 - 10:53 AM.

Advertisements

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'll post back later tonight and let you know if it works. Gotta go back to work now :whistling: :blink:

Kaz

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Ok did what you asked and the exclamation mark is still there :whistling: :blink:

I take it there is nothing to worry about???!

I know I'm a pain but when I enabled Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC this icon appered in the taskbar!

untitled.JPG

Kaz

Edited by Kazmcm, 12 September 2006 - 02:07 PM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts

I take it there is nothing to worry about???!

Exactly. If all your devices are working, I'd ignore it.

Now let's say you decide to plug in your digital camera a week from now (if you have one) and it doesn't work. That may be what this exclamation mark was about, though I don't see why it would be there now, if the device it is complaining about it not even plugged in.

But if you encounter that kind of situation: a USB device not working, then reinstall the drivers for that particular device.

And then again, you may never encounter a problem at all. This is something only time will tell.

I know I'm a pain but when I enabled Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC this icon appered in the taskbar!

lol, you're not a "pain" :help: That icon just means you are not using that NIC to connect to the internet, so it shows that you are "disconnected" with that device. But you are connected through wireless, from what I can see in the picture. However, if you ever decide to use a wire, your NIC is now enabled, and you won't have trouble. :whistling:

Let us know if you need anything else. :blink:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 12 September 2006 - 02:11 PM.

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
can you check my edited post. I must have edited it after you'd posted your reply!!lol

thanks again for everything you've done

You guys are amazing

Kaz

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
oops it happened again! this time you edited your post while I was typing mine!!!

Thanks for everything! You guys rock!!!! :blink: :) :woot: :woot: :whistling: :help:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
i searched all over ATI for those drivers for X700 SE its either a very old computer or a very new one

make and model number would help

but if your fine with the way things are then

ill accept that if not make and model number and ill continue

in the mean time your welcome

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
it's a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P

Kaz

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
got to have MODEL #.....or ID# model name is good

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
see if this possible

How do I find my model, serial, or configuration number?

By providing your model, serial, or configuration number, we can quickly provide you with information specifically for your computer. In order to find these identifiers, you will need to turn your computer over and read the label on the bottom of your system.

Advertisements

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
serial no: YSSP808438

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
got it

go here http://www.fujitsu-s...s/scaleo_p.html

download this its for yor system http://www.fujitsu-s...s/scaleo_p.html

Edited by rushin1nd, 13 September 2006 - 01:10 AM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.fujitsu-s...s/scaleo_p.html

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ill fix the error or in the morning
sorry got to go
but that s the driver you need

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip