Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless confusion

• Please log in to reply

charholly9

charholly9

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Would anybody be able to help, the problem I believe as it stands is not simple. I have a wireless connection that was affected by spyware and or a dialer program, when I try to connect to the internet wirelessly the response is do you want to connect or stay offline the box is set to broadband connection but I believe dial up preferences is trying to happen, there is a xxxdial option in the drop down box. I am sorry for all the confusing writing but this is where I am, help may be the only solution to pose thequestion correctly thank you lol

Advertisements

S.Dizzle

S.Dizzle

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi. Try opening internet explorer and going to tools>internet options>connections tab. Make sure there are no entries under dial-up and virtual private network settings. If there are, remove them. Also, make sure that your wireless device is the only one enabled under network connections in windows. Are you getting a link with your router? Make sure all your passwords etc are correct. Hope this helps,
S.