Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSN Winks Plus UNINSTALL

• Please log in to reply

Methamphosist

Methamphosist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
O.K.

I installed MSN Winks Plus and I found it a load of crap! I need help uninstalling it PROPERLY! I uninstall it from the add/remove program list and it deletes the program BUT it leaves behind a file that displays a pop-up every 30 mins about saying you have to pay $10 US (watever it is in AU) so it can leave you alone.
i need help finding the PROPER uninstall for this program..

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I found this from an anonymous poster on Yahoo! Answers, in answer to someone else with same problem:

"Go to start > control panel (or settings>control panel) > add or remove programs.

Locate MSN messenger, remove that program.

If you need a new MSN Messenger program, open www.msn.com. Locate messenger, and download messenger live for windows - this is quite beautiful to use."

So it seems from that suggestion that 'MSN Winks Plus' integrates itself into MSN Messenger so tightly that the only cure is to remove the whole thing.
No doubt if you google for long enough you'll find a different cure, but I only found that one.

Alternatively (my own suggestion) you can search the Registry for all instances of MSN Winks Plus (exact string only) and delete any entries it finds.
But I doubt it's as easy as that -- worth a try though.

Edited by pip22, 10 September 2006 - 10:13 AM.

Methamphosist

Methamphosist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried that and it didn't work... I am seriously gone berserk over this!! This company isn't even part of Microsoft!!! OMG!!! :blink:

:whistling: