Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless help!

• Please log in to reply

fairdinato

fairdinato

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
OK, last night I was randomly cut off my wireless network.. Thought it could be a temporary problem so just slept it off, woke up again this morning and I've not been able to connect my laptop to the wireless network. I've even come down to the host computer and placed my laptop next to it, to see if the signal was any better.. and it is just non existant.

I click on "wireless network connection" and refresh network list and it just "no wireless networks were found in range" and whenever I click refresh network list it just comes up with the same message straight away.. Not allowing it to search. I'm so worried it might be something to do with my laptop because I am going to uni next week, so NEED wireless when I am there.. It's so annoying!

Any ideas on what I could do?

Advertisements

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi fairdinato,

If you know anyone with a wireless network which is working you could test your laptops wireless connection with that.

- Pseudopath.

fairdinato

fairdinato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Oh my god, like a complete mug it was the wireless button that had been pressed in or something.. I didn't even know my laptop had a wireless button!