Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio codec issues

• Please log in to reply

Pliskitt

Pliskitt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i recently aquired two johnny cash albums from two seperate sources , when i try to play either one , nothing happens . the player comes up but thats it . i have tried winamp wmp foobar creative audio player neromix audio player etc , so i ran it through gspot codec information tool , it tells me neaudio.ax is crashing what do i do ? (have nero6 ultra edition) the audio files have the .mp3 extention but under properties it says Type of File : nero mix media file hope someone can help , i apreciate it .:[Pliskitt]:.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
They are mp3 files, the reference to nero simply means that on your PC mp3 files are associated with the nero player application - but they are still mp3 files.

Aren't you able to play any mp3 files at all from anywhere on this PC?
If the problem only affects those johnny cash mp3 tracks but mp3 tracks from other sources play ok, I'd hazard a guess the files are damaged.

Pliskitt

Pliskitt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
all mps but these work on my system , i had hoped to save them , but your help is apreciated pip22 thank you friendi apreciate it