Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Clicking sound from comp

• Please log in to reply

Chicken mania

Chicken mania

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey guys, recently I heard a clicking sound from the computer. It'd just go "click" and things still run as per normal. Uhm, so, I tried to run Spinrite Level 2 on both the hard disks(both are Western Digital) and nothing wrong except that Spinrite couldn't detect the SMART for my SATA hdd while Speedfan could. I've also tried checking with Data Lifeguard but again, nothing wrong.

Just how do I tell if it's not my floppy drive going whacko?

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You might take a look and see if maybe you have a wire that is touching a fan, maybe just intermittently. You could disconnect the floppy and see if the problem goes away. That would rule it out.