Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Processes

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
I was just checking my processes on my computer to see whats using a lot of the CPU usage and was surprised to see that "System Idle Process" was using 90 percent......Anyone know if I can end the process?

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

System Idle Process is actually something you don't want to end. The higher the number the better off you are. I'm going to see if I can find you a 'good' defintion of what it is. I'll post back with it if/when I find one. Also, just thought I would add that you can't end it, the task manager won't allow it. :tazz:

B

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Here maybe this will explain it a little better.

Its not really a process, it's just your system reporting that it's more or less idle, i.e nothing is happening. The percentage taken up by System Idle Process will always be "100 % - what's used by active programs/processes", and therefore not a value for what's happening. Actually it's just the opposite.

B

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Thanks for the help......

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts