Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows freezing on startup

• Please log in to reply

sostrosser

sostrosser

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Win 95 keeps freezing up at the Windows loading screen while booting up. I did a step-by-step confirmation boot up and it froze after it asked to load the windows drivers. There were no other error messages until that time.

I'm going to try a couple of the programs I downloaded from this site to see if it is a driver issue but if anyone has any other ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
When you start Windows with a step-by-step confirmation start-up, it should tell you specifically which device driver it's loading so you know what device or driver is causing the problem. I doubt very much if it just says "loading windows drivers" as that is no help at all.

Try step-by-step again and look carefully to see which specific windows driver it's loading when you get the problem.

sostrosser

sostrosser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It goes through a few steps first, all of which seem to work fine but when it prompts me to "Load windows drivers? [Y/N]" and I hit yes it freezes after a few seconds but before prompting me to load any specific driver in particular.