Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD Burner not recognizing disc

• Please log in to reply

unchosenfate

unchosenfate

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I have a sony dvd burner. It's a bit old, about a few years. Lately it hasn't been racognizing a burned dvd-r. I put the disc in but it recognizes it as a blank cd. This disc is fine, as it worked on a friends computer.

I tried updateing the driver but it still doesn't seem to want to work properly.

Also, I had Daemon tools installed at some point and now have some extra virtual drives that I can't seem to get rid of. I tried uninstaling them from the device manager but they always return after I restart the computer.

Help is appreciated.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you made any changes to the system before this drive started acting strange? When did this start?

unchosenfate

unchosenfate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't remember making any changes to the computer before hand. I only remember installing a harvest moon game. After that it started acting strange. Most likey it is unrelated but it is all I can remember.