Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghosting image kills Harddrive in xp

• Please log in to reply

ramet

ramet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ghosting image kills Harddrive in xp

I have 2 120gb haddrive in my system both partition to 2 60gb each. I tried to clone my C: Drive to my other hd's first partition H: drive.

I am using ghost 9.0 which suppose to support this operation in windows xp. First I formated H: drive to make sure it is clean. Started Ghost and follow the directions and started the cloning. The only option i selected is "Set drive active(for botting OS)". Right after I click on start.. I got this error:
Description: Cannot complete copying of (C:\) drive. Invalid destination.
Error E0BC0002: Object SME~Computer~BgM2411369249Region-0~SM2411369249Region-0-1 not found.
Details: 0xE0BC0002

Now my computer can't even detect my Maxtor HD(H:) when booting up. I make sure the bios is set to auto detect. Any ideas?

Advertisements