Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Severe slowdown from AcMurocHlpr

• Please log in to reply

jsorange

jsorange

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My thinkpad runs fine with the wireless radio off. When I turn the radio on, it slows down drastically. I've found on Task Manager that the CPU usage will be 100% even with no programs running. The list of processes shows a program called AcMurocHlpr.exe with a CPU number around 80, while everything else on the list shows 0 or very low numbers in the CPU column. I can end the process, and the computer works fine but I can't turn the radio back on without rebooting. I assume this is part of a program called ThinkVantage Access Connections. Any recommendations to fix this?
Thank you very much

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well I found some info at http://forum.thinkpa...317900a8e124b8d.

what version of Access Control do you have? What driver version for your wireless card?

jsorange

jsorange

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks - I found the same forum after posting my query.
It seemed reasonable that Access Connections was interacting badly with the Intel Pro/wireless drivers.
I deleted both of them from my computer so I can't tell you what versions they were. Then I used the Lenovo software update software to install the latest versions of both Access Connections and the Intel drivers. After rebooting it seemed like a hundred times, everything is back to normal. I can go wireless or plug back in and there is no loss in performance.
Thanks for your help.