Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No problem, just one question.

• Please log in to reply

Sgt. McCoy

Sgt. McCoy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
When i start computer, normaly, the disk and ram check appears and after that windows XP logo shows up for about 20 seconds as windows are being loaded. But few days ago i noticed that no logo is showing up anymore. There is just black screen for about 20 sec and after that windows start normally.

There is no problem with anything at all, i'm just curious what's wrong with that logo??

McCoy

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The first thing i would do is see if a previous restore point will bring the logo back.
If not please read this website and use it to check to see if any files are corrupted and prehaps replace them with good files.

http://jakeludington...oot_screen.html

I have read that one person emailed microsoft and was sent a logo.sys file and instructions on how to install it. I don't know the truth of that but thought i'd throw it in.

SRX660

Sgt. McCoy

Sgt. McCoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
OK, i'll try to do something.

Thank You