Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help with outlook

• Please log in to reply

secure

secure

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi

Can anyone help me.

For some reason, my outlook will not receive mail. I am using Outlook 2003 and it sends all messages pefectly, however, when i try to receive mail, a message is displayed which says unknown error 0x08007007E.

I have tried the detect and repair option, but this does not fix it.

Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Check your email account settings, in particular the POP3 (incoming) mail server name and your password.

secure

secure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi

Thanks for your response.

All my account details are correct. I can send and retrieve my emails perfectly using outlook express, but not outlook. :whistling:

Many thanks

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Remove the account from Outlook then recreate it. Then test the account settings.

secure

secure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks

This has been done, still the same. during the test, outgoing messages are delivered ok, but the incomming message is not.

Outlook has been uninstalled and re-installed, but that does not help.

I am told that only thing left is to wipe pc clean and start again, but i dont really want to do that.

Any help appreciated.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Are you using any kind of security suite with a Spam filter? McAfee's Spam Killer (and others) use proxies to filter mail and can get misconfigured. I've seen this block all incoming mail. Also firewall settings could cause this if your firewall is rules based. Does the problem persist in safemode with network?

secure

secure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I am using McAfee spam killer, but i have just diabled it to test it and the problem is the same.

Sorry to sound stupid, but i am lost when it comes to safe mode and networks.

Could you explaine more.

Many Thanks