Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Recovery

• Please log in to reply

Matan

Matan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I bought an HP computer yesterday. I live in the netherlands and the pc came with media center in Dutch as there was no option to get an OS version in English, so I formatted it and installed WindowsXP in English.
I did not receive any drivers cd with the computer, and when logging into HP webpage they didn't have any drivers either.
When chatting with their support they gave me links to some of the drivers, but not all (They couldnt get the driver for the ethernet card for instance so I cant use internet on that machine).
I am a computer technician myself but had to give up after hours of searching for the drivers. all I want now is to restore the computer to the original settings and take it back to the shop, but did not even get a recovery cd.
There is a fat32 recovery partition, but I couldnt figure out how to operate it (When I choose the recovery option at boot using F10 it doesnt work).
This is definatly the last time Im buying a computer from this company.
Any idea?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you formatted a brand new computer

and it was a hp these hp machines have a built in recovery that recovers it to the day i was bought which in your case was yesterday

see if this helps >>>>>>>>> http://h10025.www1.h...5#bph07145_disc

Matan

Matan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply.

I did try to recover from the hard disk during startup, but one thing they write here that I didnt do is disconnect all usb cables.
I do not think that it'll make a difference, but I'll give it a shot (I am not next to the pc right now).

Thanks!
Matan

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
good luck

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
what make and model is your hp
maybe some here can find drivers

Matan

Matan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It's a Pavilion 7560.nl

This is truely amazing.. I bought this computer a couple of days ago. HP do not include a recovery disk, a windows cd or a drivers disk. The drivers are not avaliable online or through HP support.

HP U.S say I have to buy(?!) the recovery disk, but as I am living in the netherlands I should contact HP netherlands.
HP netherlands say its a new system and they do not have a recovery disk for it.

All I want is to get the original system on so I can take it back to the shop, and you can be sure not only I will never buy ay HP product for the rest of my life, I will do my best to talk others out of it. I can't believe how many hours I spent on this useless piece of machine.

If anyone has the recovery/drivers disk for this product, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matan

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
im not familliar with european countries but does the next country near you have these recovery disks or what countries are at your border i could find the nearest one for you and see how they cost

cant understand why netherlands sells a product they dont support im using a HP and i also use a IBM the HP is a good computer

Matan

Matan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive got an HP laptop. I have nothing to say about their products quality, but they suck in customer service.
If your computer crushes, they havent got a solution for you.

What the support are basically saying is:
a. You need a recovery cd (yet we haven't got any).
b. You're not allowed to install another OS (and we cant give you any drivers anyway).

Every computer I ever woked with either had a drivers cd, a restoration cd, or I could at least download the drivers from the manufactorer. Here I get new hardwear with no drivers for it

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Matan, as far as the ethernet network card is concerned, this doesn't need a separate driver unless it's a very unusual chipset on it. Most of them use the 'Realtek' chipset and are detected automatically by XP which then uses it's own internal driver for it.