Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spoolsv.exe error printing

• Please log in to reply

xchaotix

xchaotix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting these errors when trying to print from Office 2003 Pro, running WinXP Pro SP2, Panasonic DP1510P and an Epson Stylus DX3800.

"Spoolsv.exe application error" 
The instruction at "0x780020fe" referenced memory at 0x00818000. The memory 
could not be "written" ...  

We recently upgraded our machines and a lot of our files where originally on office 2000. While some Word files will print others dont and mostly all excel files cause the error. However starting a new document from scratch sometimes does not cause the error.

Ive tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling, only installing one printer at a time, checked the print monitors, deleted the print spooler files(shd files) , checked for any updated drivers, run sfc /scannow, clean wipe of hd and reinstall, but the problem prevails.

It seems some files are ok to print while others are not.

***UPDATE*** Ive got the Epson working fine, not through any genius of mine but i downloaded drivers from a different website, the problem still occurs with the Panasonic Copier, however i have isolated the problem. It seems that documents using the landscape layout instead of portrait are unable to print and cause the error.

Im not sure of what to check now the printing properties or will it be some setting on the hardware itself?

Advertisements

xchaotix

xchaotix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone?