Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC goes kaput.....

• Please log in to reply

Konfus Istota

Konfus Istota

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello everyone! Before I go through every piece of hardware in my PC, I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem as I and can pinpoint what I need to replace.

I was adding another CD-Rom drive to my computer this morning, turned on my PC and the CD-Rom didn't work. I noticed I didn't securely attach the power supply cable to the CD-Rom. While the PC was still turned on (moronic moment) I push the cable in further and it flashed a blue spark and the PC turned off.

I can't get the PC to turn back on and wondered if anyone knew exactly what I killed. I'm assuming the power supply, but I wanted to make sure.

:whistling:

Thanks!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Take a look at these charts for the procedure to locate your problem.

http://www.daileyint...mdpc/manual.htm

SRX660

Konfus Istota

Konfus Istota

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
After buying a new PSU from Best Buy, I uninstalled the old PSU from my system. With curiosity, I plugged the old PSU back into the motherboard and plugged the power cord back in. To my amazement, it worked!.....Yay!