Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE gets hung often

• Please log in to reply

speny28

speny28

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Attached File  Logfile_of_HijackThis_v1.rtf   17.6KB   153 downloads :whistling:
Dell Demension 3000
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
Windows XP-Home Edition (5.1.2600)
IE 6.0.2900.2180

McAfee: Privacy Service, Spam Killer, Personal Firewall, Shredder, Virus Scan
Ad Aware SE Personal
ewido anti-spyware
Spybot-Search & Destroy
TuneUp Utilities 2006

I have been having a problem with my browser getting hung up. I went looking for answers and I found your site (thank you for being here). I read 18 pages of postings and found that the people who were having this problem are also seeing CPU 100%. I checked and me too. I followed the instructions on the Malware removal page. I downloaded, updated, and ran everything just like instructions. I am still having the same problems. I downloaded the Hijack This and am attaching the Logfile. Please Help Me. I don't know what else to do. This is my first time in any forum I hope that I have done everything correctly.
Thank You SOoo Much.

Advertisements

speny28

speny28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've decided to take my computer back to out of the box and then follow the steps in the pre list for HJT so that I don't have these problems in the future. If this is a bad idea please let me know. I'll wait 24hrs to proceed. Thank you. speny28