Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In memoriam 9/11

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
It reminds me of a poem a co-worker wrote "In remembrance of that tragic Day"

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I was watching T.V. live when the second one came :) . And then the pentagon and another plane went down. I live in a city with a national monument, I thought we could be next. It gives me chills to even type this. I didn't know what the heck was going on, that sort of thing never happens here, ya know?

Its amazing, now most of America's and I guess the worlds mindset is that "when is it going to happen again?". I hate it.

Thanks to all that have served and that try to make the world a better place. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 01 April 2009 - 06:27 AM.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
8 years have gone past since this horrible day, and I still feel the anger and sadness for the lives lost in this tragedy.
I am usualy a happy person,but on this day I feel strangely subdued.Yesterday was my granddoughters birthday,a happy occasion,overshadowed by the knowledge what the next day will bring.You might think,because the people who lost their lives that day where total strangers would make it easier to forget,but the memory of the way they've died has branded itself deeply into my mind.I can't wait for the day to end,simply out of fear that someone uses this day to bring new horror and hardship to innocent people.I allways pass from church first to light a candle and pray for the souls of so many.May they rest in peace.

To all who lost a loved-one 8yrs.ago to-day,my heartfelt sympathy and a tribute to the unsung heroes of those horrible days!We'll never forget!

Zorba

Attached Thumbnails

• flag_american.jpg

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Thank you, Zorba, for such a heart-felt post. :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I know I'm a couple of days late, but a few days ago I kept thinking throughout the day that it's September 11.

It actually means something permanently now.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
It's 1am,and I can't sleep! 9 years after this tragic day,I keep on asking myself,why
this horrible event still affects me so much.I don't know any of the victims,I am not even american!I've seen many horrible and tragic events in my lifetime,so what makes this day so different? Admin was right when he said:"It is likely the event that will define our generation"! It is because of how the victims lost their lives,
and for the reason behind the attack.Freedom is not just an american thing,it is a universal right!On that fatefull day,the american nation paid a heavy price for trying to spread the message of freedom around the world.I love my freedom,and the attack on the tradecenter made it somewhat personal.I honestly don't know,it still doesent make any sense at all.

To all who lost a loved-one 9yrs.ago to-day,my heartfelt sympathy and a tribute to the unsung heroes of those horrible days!We must never forget!

zorba