Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird Audio Problem

• Please log in to reply

dreambreeze

dreambreeze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
In my Winamp 5.24, occassionally the audio quality changes up and the background music completely washes out the lyrics or vocals. I found that shifting the balance to either the extreme left or extreme right makes it sound proper again - it still comes out of both speakers. When this happens, Windows Media Player doesn't play any sound though!
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Advertisements

blitz86

blitz86

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
That's a common situation.
What's happening is that the audio cable going to your sound card is slightly coming loose. It could be the other end of the cable so check that side as well.
The lyrics will "wash out" because the two sound signals, left and right, are somehow interfering with each other due to the cable being loose. That explains why when you shift the balance it sounds proper, because you're eliminating one of the interferers.
Interference would "cancel out" sounds that have equal volume on both right and left. Lyrics, or vocals, are not shifted to left or right like the instruments often are, but are perfectly balanced most times.

Wiggle with your sound wiring boy. Hope this clears your mind, and your problem.
Post again if it persists.

Regards, Leo.

Edited by blitz86, 13 September 2006 - 09:48 AM.

dreambreeze

dreambreeze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
oh thanks sooo much!! sounds beautiful =)