Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are these upgrades about?

• Please log in to reply

lothiaz

lothiaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello

I'm a tad confused with the Vista Products. I'm going to get the Vista Home Premium edition to replace my Windows XP that I know of, but I'm also seeing these Upgrade prices :whistling: What are they exactly and how do they work?

Also will buying Vista mean that it can only be installed on one computer? Or could I install it on two computers?

EDIT: Sorry another question. You any idea if Vista will be supporting Windows XP apps? Because I've got quite a few games, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Battlefield 2, The Sims, C&C renegade etc etc and many other programs. I know that Windows XP supports most Windows 98 and upwards apps, but it seems that games that worked on XP arn't going to work with Vista unless Microsoft has labled them Vista games like they did at the Leipzig Games Convention.

Thanks

Edited by lothiaz, 11 September 2006 - 10:05 PM.

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Hello

I'm a tad confused with the Vista Products. I'm going to get the Vista Home Premium edition to replace my Windows XP that I know of, but I'm also seeing these Upgrade prices confused1.gif What are they exactly and how do they work?

Also will buying Vista mean that it can only be installed on one computer? Or could I install it on two computers?

The buying vista means getting a full copy and cleaning your hard drive, the upgrade option basically just means upgrading your current XP. Like previous versions of Windows the RTM will only be able to be installed on 1 PC.

Sorry another question. You any idea if Vista will be supporting Windows XP apps? Because I've got quite a few games, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Battlefield 2, The Sims, C&C renegade etc etc and many other programs. I know that Windows XP supports most Windows 98 and upwards apps, but it seems that games that worked on XP arn't going to work with Vista unless Microsoft has labled them Vista games like they did at the Leipzig Games Convention.

Not sure about the games, a lot of games do actually work on Vista but the only thing you can do is get a copy of RC1 and try the games in there and check to see if they work yet.