Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's "Trd ww"?

• Please log in to reply

mickmay

mickmay

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, everybody. I've got a problem with my operating system. That is,shortly, the "TRd ww" problem. On closing down a certain program (e.g. Notpad.exe) that was running on my Windows Xp SP2, I see a dialog box jump out saying something as shown in the attached picture:Trd.jpg
After I click the "confirm" button to close the dialog box, another box jumps in the wake of it, saying something like what's shown in the attached picture: Trd_1.jpg
So, now, people, can you tell me what's wrong with my operating system? And what's the most effective solution to the problem? Thanks!

Edited by mickmay, 12 September 2006 - 01:49 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do you have Total Recorder installed on your system?

http://www.highcriteria.com/

Here is another forums answer to this question.

From http://www.highcrite...talRecorder.pdf Symptom - System message about locked windows "TRd ww..." Locked windows appear when you shut down your system with titles that begin with "TR ww". Possible Cause #1 Accelerated recording mode can conflict with other programs. Action #1 Disable accelerated recording mode. For more information, see "Using the System Tab". Disable accelerated recording mode This option applies only to Windows NT, 2000 and XP. Accelerated recording mode can conflict with other programs. For example, you may see locked windows with titles that begin with "TRd ww" when you shut down your system. To prevent such problems, you can disable accelerated recording mode for all or some programs. To disable accelerated recording mode, click the «Disable accelerated recording mode» button. Once you set this option, any attempt to make a recording in accelerated mode is ignored and the recording starts in ordinary mode. With accelerated recording mode disabled, you can allow accelerated recording mode for certain programs. The programs are shown in the list below «Enable accelerated recording for these programs». To add a program to the list: 1. Click the "Add" button. 2. At the bottom of the list, specify the program’s executable file name without the path (e.g. someprogram.exe). Changing this option does not affect programs that are currently running. For these programs, any changes will take effect the next time they are started.

SRX660

mickmay

mickmay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To SRX660,

Thanks! I've tried to solve the problem following your instructions but up to now the problem seems to still remain there racking my brains. I'm still looking forward to helps from you and others. Thanks again.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If this problem is recent i wonder if you can do a restore to a previous date to fix the problem.

SRX660