Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I Recover my computer without losing everything?

• Please log in to reply

Osolala

Osolala

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My computer has the Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter on my computer which will not let my network adapter connect to the internet. I cannot remove it so the only other option is to use the Recovery Disk. Does that erase everything I have on my computer?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
restoring would probably have you lose all your data..do you know why you've got that on your computer?

right click on my network places and choose properties...then right click on your network connection and choose properties... in the protocol windo you should see TCP/IP and TCP/IP v6 if you see both then click on tcp/ip v6 and press the uninstall button...restart the computer and those tun's should be gone