Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

is there anyway to make the windows xp theme look like the windows vis

• Please log in to reply

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
hello... i was just wondering if you COULD make a reg windows xp theme look like a windows vista... cuz this guy said you can....

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
http://universal-vis...ic.com/ie/43184

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
What the...!!!!!! i downloaded it... now my computer is like wierd... it worked... but when i start it.. .i log in.. and theres nothing there.... you kiled my comp man... can u uninstal it??

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Yes, Look in 'Add/Remove Programs' (Control Panel) or in your list of Start > All Programs. Sorry it messed you up, but I merely suggested it -- it's your call. And in any case, you should have the means of making a full Windows backup before installing stuff which makes changes to your system files (it's called common sense where I come from).

Using system restore should also put your PC back the way it was if uninstall lets you down. All I can say is, Vista Inspirat worked on my PC but I had a full backup image made previously just in case.

Again, my apologies but don't shoot the messenger! I wouldn't have suggested it unless I'd tried it for myself. You must appreciate that Windows PCs, by their very nature, can come in many different guises with different components and different drivers -- no two are the same. Not surprising then that what works okay on one machine may cause havoc on another. Anyone who can't live with that has got the wrong computer -- they should get an Apple Mac whose components are tightly controlled for consistency but leave little room for personal choice.

Edited by pip22, 14 September 2006 - 12:58 PM.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
srry... i fixed it up...

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Glad to hear your fixed. I actually uninstalled Vista Inspirat after a few weeks. it didn't mess me up but it did slow down my machine's startup time considerably. I decided not to mess with too much customisation after that. Just changing the wallpaper occasionally is my limit now! All the best.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
hey... i did however find a new thingy on that page.. its called Vista Transformation pack 5.0. it works quite nice... as you can see http://i94.photobuck...ws/screenie.jpg

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi guys I don't know about you guys but I just installed and uninstalled StyleXP free version and that somehow patched my uxtheme.dll under system32.

Now I get my visual styles from DeviantArt all the time. IT'S GREAT!!! There's this guy called leosss and he puts out excellent Vista theme all the time.

This way it doesn't slow down your computer at all and it's not like WindowBlinds that sort of thing running in the background all the time chewing up your memory.

It's good, try it.

Regards

Orange Jacob

Orange Jacob

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Here is a program that I found. Vista Transformation Pack 8.0.1 I have some trouble installing it, but It looks like most people on there installed it easily. There are some forum threads on there if you have any problems installing it. (the file ype is .rar you need WinRAR to unpack it.) I am still trying to install it, but most people say to install it in "Safe Mode". If you have problems ask me because I might be able to help. (if i ever get the thing installed! :) )