Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Paint missing

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello,
My Windows Paint program has somehow vanished from my XP SP2. Its no longer in my program menu and I cannot find it when i search for it. I know its not the best paint program out there but its nice and simply and I enjoyed using it. Is there a way I can get it back on my computer, i dont remember ever uninstalling it. I think my BitDefender software might have deleted it. I've tried looking on google to see if i can download it but i hanvn't been able to find a copy. Can someone help.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try this

Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs -> Windows Components

Look into “Accessories and Utilities”, your accessories (eg: mspaint) and games can be reinstall by there

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at this as well, you need .net framework 2

It started development at Washington State University as an undergraduate senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple tool for photo and image editing. The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with a small amount of C++ for setup and shell-integration related functionality.

http://www.getpaint....creenshots.html