Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hacker Verses Moderator

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.theinquir...x?article=22838

READ THIS IT REMINDS US WHY THEY ARE THERE

MODERATORS

http://www.theinquir...x?article=22838

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
:whistling: :blink: :help: :) WELL I FOR ONE CERTAINLY THINK THE MODERATOR WAS FROM GEEKS TO GO

BUT I APPLAUD ALL MODERATORS FROM ALL FORUMS :woot: :woot: :woot: :yes:

YOU MODERATORS ARE MORE DEADLIER THAN HACKERS SINCE YOU DO THAT TO A HACKER

what did the moderator say when the hijacker bump in to him

sorry you but thats my firewall

Edited by rushin1nd, 14 September 2006 - 01:12 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I've seen this story the last couple of years around the net. The only thing that bugs me about it is that a real hacker would automatically know that 127.0.0.1 is your own computer( which is what some of the people reporting the story say). To me there is a difference between a hacker and a cracker. Hackers do things with computers for the knowledge while crackers are usually out to get something out of it. I do know hackers that can do things with a computer that i could'nt believe it could be done except they were doing it in front of me. It taught me to be a bit humble about my knowledge of computers.

SRX660

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
this is the second link i've seen to "the inquirer"...i may be wrong but the inquirer i know of is a tabloid that never prints anything legitimate...is this a different magazine?

besides the fact that if it were a true hacker/cracker...he wouldn't have ASKED for an ip address...he would have already had an ip address (especially on IRC)...but...that ip wouldn't have been usefull at all as that would be a public...not private...a true hacker could do something with this...but still...the story is bunk

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok the story maybe bunk.....HOWEVER...it does show a good point

a dummy..(HACKER) bumps into a firewall(MODERATOR) hes insulted(HACKER)
i want your address he threatens...........did they know each other or was it a random pick

the interesting part is even in the technology and cyber world with all the chaos going on in the real wolrd the good guys are still winning

no insult to geeks female moderators

What do you all a female moderator who eats bananas

MODANNA ...........jokes