Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac Newbie...Need Help

• Please log in to reply

dospoy

dospoy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I just switched from pc to mac. I bought the macbook 13"

Ive been using it for a while, and I had all my settings just the way I want them, but then I turned it on the other day, and it was back to the default settings. When I go to the Hard Drive/Users I see my account with all my photos (that i cant get to unless I got through that folder, there not in Iphoto). I try logging out and logging in, and nothing happens.

Did I accidentally change some setting? Im so confused!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Advertisements

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
i don't know what to say to you even though i have used the mac for a while...

try another forum with a much larger mac community

http://forum.maccast.com

i don't use it much but their is over 3000 mac users there

Mrs_Kohls

Mrs_Kohls

• Pip
  • 9 posts
[size=4][color=#3366FF]I'm new to mac's myself, but if you remember your administrator's password, maybe you "locked" something you shouldn't have...or even forgot to "lock" something you should have. Did you ever use the little padlock Icon on the lower left corner of many of the dialog boxes when setting up your mac? You can unlock them using your password, and they keep things from changing. I would just reset all your settings the way you want them, and then "lock" them up. And then from there I would just try to copy all the pictures or whatever back to where you want them. Also, I have been known to be wrong before, but I don't think that iPhoto actually holds the pictures, I think you can just view/edit them there...however, you should be able to access your library through iPhoto, so hmmmm....try using the help feature, it's pretty handy, and the customer service is pretty good too...

Good luck!! Hope I was of some help!