Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

amd x2 4800 vs intel conroe e6400

• Please log in to reply

rloadfon

rloadfon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone,

I've seen the latest prices for processors and i noted the athlon 64 am2 4800 has pretty much the same price with intel's e6400 - around 240 euro (it has in Greece anyway).
Which processor do you think performs better?

Thanks

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Here is a nice writeup on the e6300 and e6400 with gaming benchmarks and also some synthetic testing. Obviously, the pricing chart is a little dated, but the performance aspect is still relavent. It looks like the two processors you are comparing also have similar performance, so it comes down to a question of personal preference between AMD and Intel.

http://www.anandtech...doc.aspx?i=2802

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Pretty similar, the biggest advantage to either is nothing to do with CPU performance but AMD motherboards being a little better speed and price wise.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Id go for the e6400 or greater conroe, not the e6300. Id rather have a e6400 conroe rather than a amd x2 4800 aswell.. Dont bother with the e6300.

SecretMaster

SecretMaster

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I thought the 4800 was no longer being produced, and I also thought that they weren't making an AM2 version of it but just selling out all the 939 CPU's.