Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to block certain senders to send me mails to my gmail account

• Please log in to reply

dutchdummy

dutchdummy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
does anyone know how i can block a certain sender from sending me e-mails?
i had put the address on block, but still receive mails from the same person. i know who it is and it is the same e-mail address

Advertisements

Icculus

Icculus

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
have you tried using thunderbird?

i have 2 email addresses working through thunderbird (gmail and another) and the filter works for my other address but i havent tried it for my gmail

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
the best way to do this in Gmail is to create a filter that simply deletes the mail before you ever see it or you can even have it placed in a special folder, pretty much you control the way Gmail handles any incoming message.

to create a filter,
open gmail>
click settings in the top right corner>
click on filters>
create a filter for the address you want filtered and tell gmail what to do with the message.

Another way to filter it is to simply tag that address as spam and have the message directed to your spam folder which empties all messages over 30 days old.

the thunderbird filter will work in conjuntion with gmail, just like it was recieving mail from any mail server.

These methods certainly don't block them from sending you email, it actually allows them to email you all they want, however if you so choose you will never know they are mailing you.

Edited by phybyr0ptyk, 13 September 2006 - 10:18 PM.

dutchdummy

dutchdummy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thanks a million for this explanation. it is so helpful!!! now, at last i can do that what i wanted to do, block a specific person. i checked out the thunderbird filter as well, thanks for referring that to me as well, as i use mozilla already and didn't know about thunderbird yet.
i am very grateful you have helped me!