Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I've been hijacked...

• Please log in to reply

uke188

uke188

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought and loaded McAfee virus scan 9 a few days ago and my system seems to have gone haywire since. I can't get anything from the desktop, it freezes up, I get message stating Dr Watson Postmortem debugger encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I had spy sweeper before this and since installation, it has been running constantly telling me I've got numerous malware etc and asks me if I want to remove them to which I say yes, then 20 seconds later it runs again and gives me the same malware that it just erased telling me their back. I've run soft spy and it tells me that I'm infected with numerous bugs.. my internet homepage keeps being changed from comcast to blank.. help...

when I try to get the start button it freezes... If I re-boot and let it go through its motions, I could get on google, but that seems like it's it... thanks

Advertisements

njustice

njustice

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Hello and welcome to GTG!
We are sorry for the late reply,
If you’re still looking to resolve this issue, please run through the steps outlined in this Topic.

Post back a fresh HijackThis log when done.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know,
Thank you and again sorry for the late reply.