Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse cursor on the fritz

• Please log in to reply

roguefrog

roguefrog

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Just go this new computer setup with XP and a Microsoft optical mouse. However the mouse cursor likes to jump to the edges of the screen. I notcie it a lot during processes like opening a new window or application but also occurs when idle. Everytime it happens I have to scroll around to find the cursor again which is annoying. Any quick fix?

Advertisements

trustski

trustski

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Just go this new computer setup with XP and a Microsoft optical mouse. However the mouse cursor likes to jump to the edges of the screen. I notcie it a lot during processes like opening a new window or application but also occurs when idle. Everytime it happens I have to scroll around to find the cursor again which is annoying. Any quick fix?

Same problem, Mouse pointer floats all over the screen except where I want it to go. Has a mind of it's own and sometimes I can't even find it. Let me know if anyone comes up with a solution and I miss it.
"SKI"

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
same problem with my mouse on both my laptop and desktop