Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freeing up Memory

• Please log in to reply

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Can anyone tell me how to efficiently free up RAM/Memory? I mean its good like it is, but to free up more would be great.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
The simplest thing is just to check your start ups and diesable those you don't need.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
To free up memory:
Shut off software you don't need running. This never includes your firewall and AV protection, and most MS system processes. If you use Norton, look for an alternative. If you want to know what's running right now, right click in the taskbar and bring up the Task Manager and click "processes". The next tab over will tell you how your memory is being used. Adding more memory is one of the quickest cheapest ways to improve computer performance, but not worth much if you don't shut down things that aren't needed.
Johanna

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
You should also try to repair any glitches in your registry. I sugest CCleaner. You can download it from: http://www.ccleaner.com ...