Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Svchost.exe Applicaion error

• Please log in to reply

Fubarbarian

Fubarbarian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My girlfriend's comp is getting an error window and shortly after She freezes and cant access anything on her comp although she is able to start up Ventrilo and continue to talk to me after it locks up the error reads as follows

svchost.exe - Application Error

the instruction at "0x745f2780" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"

Click OK to terminate program
Click CANCEL to debug program

I got her to start it in safe mode run all anti virus and spyware removal apps she had and nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
lawl. this is Exactly my problem as well.

(see my thread here:
http://www.geekstogo...ng-t130279.html
)

Fubarbarian

Fubarbarian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So i guess we are both still looking for some advise -_-

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".
3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.
5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic". Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.
6. Repeat the above steps with the other service: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if your not sure click the alerter then click start button

then we need to cleanout windows update folder to get rid of any corruption that might occured