Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Timing ?

• Please log in to reply

Blacklion213

Blacklion213

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Dell Dimension 8300, 4GB RAM, XP Pro (OEM), etc.

When I run a Command Prompt (MS-DOS mode) application and let it set idle for about 15 seconds, XP goes back to the desktop minimizing the application to the taskbar. Also, when working in a full screen command prompt window the cursor is blinking real fast and it too will go to the desktop after about 15 seconds idle time. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? Thank you.

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Maybe a keyboard key is stuck? Other than that maybe addware/speware/etc

Blacklion213

Blacklion213

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have run Adaware, Spybot, Spy Sweeper, EWIDO, McAfee, Panda, CleanUp, and changed keyboards & mice, ran HiJackThis, I can't find any BAD files. That's why I am looking for some sort of setting, like keyboard, mouse, video card, etc.

This just started recently. The two symptoms are:

1. After sitting idle for about 15 seconds either in full screen MS-DOS command prompt or using a DOS application, it jumps back to the desktop and minimizes the DOS application.

2. When you open a Command prompt window, select ALT-ENTER to go to a full screen window the cursor goes for a normal blink, to a extremely fast blinking cursor.

I am still working/looking at it.

Thanks for the suggestions.