Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Monitor not receiving signal

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so I have a HP Pavilion a450n works fin usually and I have never replaced any of the parts except for a fan. Recently my comp wonít connect to my monitor i.e. when it is connected it says it doesnít have a connection. The computer on the other hand seem to be running fin (starts up and fans start) Iíve though this might be that I need a new video card which I was going to up grade any way. But I want to make sure that it canít be any thing else. And if it is the video card ho bad would it be if I cant unload the drivers for my current card (Iím giting a 7800 GS for AGP 8x)

P.S. itís not the monitor try on two different monitors first. also i'm rather a novice when it comes to computers.